Born in China, grew up in the United States.
My purpose in life is to grow. I grow through teaching, traveling, and playing. I love playing soccer, practicing yoga, and taking photos with my iPhone.
I help beginning yogis fall in love with yoga by teaching them transferrable skills that they can use outside the mat.
Unlike other trainings out there, the stuff I teach is proven, unique, and fun.
I was blessed with an injury.
After straining my shoulder in 20 meter cliff-diving accident, I healed myself through practicing yoga.
I specialize in teaching alignment-based Hatha Yoga and Restorative Yoga. My sequenced classes feature long holds, controlled movements, intelligent alignment, and deep exploration of depth in postures.
My most influential teachers include Bryan Kest (studied under Pattabhi Jois), Michelle Chu (studied under Sarah Powers), Tracy Rohan-Irwin (studied under Shiva Rea), and Diana Azavedo (taught at Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre in India).
I was the resident yoga teacher at K10 in Prague, Czech Republic and the guest yoga teacher at Pangkor Laut Resort in Malaysia.
Fun Fact: I introduced Beer Yoga to the Czech Republic. Read about it here
As a former NASA engineer, I love teaching my students effective systems that they can use to transform their lives. I’ve taught over 10,000+ students in 120+ countries. My courses has been translated into 3 languages.
Places I’ve taught:
- Arizona State University
- Art Center College of Design
- Boise State University
- Czech Technical University — Prague
- General Assembly – London
- General Assembly – Los Angeles
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Montana State University – Bozeman
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Shenzhen Polytechnic
- Shenzhen University
- Singularity University
- Stanford University
- Universidad Católica Boliviana – La Paz
- University of California – Berkeley
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of California – Davis
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California – San Diego
- University of California – Santa Cruz
- University of Hawaii – Manoa
- University of Arizona
- University of Washington
- Utah State University
Let Me Help You Fall in Love with Yoga
I’m currently open to teaching at events, companies, or at a retreat.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. I’m also the founder of following:
productcharles.com, where I teach people how to become irreplaceable software product managers
nomadcharles.com, where I teach people how to travel the world while working